In Union with the Godhead
For He has rescued us and has drawn us to Himself from the dominion of darkness and has transferred us to the Kingdom of His beloved Son 14 in whom we have redemption [because of His sacrifice, resulting in] the forgiveness of our sins [and the cancellation of sins’ penalty].
Colossians 1:13-14, Amplified Bible
The New Covenant, established by our Father, was to restore our fellowship with Him before man’s disobedience in the Garden of Eden. He has accomplished all that His heart intended. First, He forgave and eradicated our sins so He could live within us. Second, He gave us a New Heart that is tender and sensitive to His desires. Third, He gave us a New Spirit so His Life can flow through us. Fourth, our Father took us out of the kingdom of darkness and placed us in the Kingdom of God, also called, In Christ and In Him.
In the Kingdom of God where we live dwells Our Father, the Lord Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit. It is a heavenly place only experienced and enjoyed by faith alone. Our human spirits are in union with God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
For in Him all the fullness of Deity (the Godhead) dwells in bodily form
[completely expressing the divine essence of God]. Colossians 2:9 Amplified
What our Lord Jesus Christ fulfilled under the New Covenant by establishing the Kingdom of God in human spirits seemed unfathomable! Yet, that was our Father’s intention in the first place when He breathed His life into the nostrils of Adam. Paul calls God’s intention a mystery. It was hidden throughout the ages but revealed through the redemptive work of Jesus Christ. Our Father first revealed this mystery to our brother, Paul, in the Book of Galatians.
Galatians 1:15-16 (Amplified) – But when God, who had chosen me and set me apart before I was born, and called me through His grace, was pleased 16 to reveal His Son in me so that I might preach Him among the Gentiles [as the good news—the way of salvation], I did not immediately consult with anyone [for guidance regarding God’s call and His revelation to me].
Paul also shared this same revelation about God living in us to the Colossians.
Colossians 1:26-27 (Amplified) – In this church, I was made a minister according to the stewardship which God entrusted to me for your sake, so that I might make the word of God fully known [among you] 26 that is, the mystery which was hidden [from angels and mankind] for ages and generations but has now been revealed to His saints (God’s people).
27 God [in His eternal plan] chose to make known to them how great for the Gentiles are the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in and among you, the hope and guarantee of [realizing the] glory.
The Godhead Who Lives Within Us
When we turn our hearts and mind to the One who lives within us, we will discover God’s infinite Life and provisions. Here are titles or characteristics we get to enjoy every minute of the day with our Father, Lord Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit living within us.
- Abba – Our intimate Papa and Father who loves us unconditionally.
- Almighty God (‘El Shaddai) – Our God who is mighty and powerful, the one to be reverenced and adored.
- Bridegroom – We are the Bride of Christ united with Him forever!
- Comforter – The Holy Spirit and our Father comfort us when we are sad or grieving.
- Commander of the Army of the LORD – Our Lord is over every power, principality, and angelic host.
- Compassionate and Gracious God – He cares about everything that concerns us.
- Consuming Fire – He is so powerful no lie or foe can withstand His Life.
- Creator of Heaven and Earth – Everything we have, even our breath, belongs to our Father.
- Deliverer – He can change us in or bring us out of every painful circumstance; nothing is too difficult for Him!
- Dwelling Place – Living in God, we are safe and secure forever.
- Eternal King – Our Lord rules forever! His kingdom has no end.
- Everlasting Father – Our Father’s Life and love will never fade; we are protected forever!
- Father of Compassion – Our Father is kind, gracious, tender-hearted, and merciful. He disciplines us in Love.
- Father of Lights – There is no darkness in our Father ever. He has no hidden agenda for us.
- Forgiving God – He has forgiven all our sins, past, present, and future, so that He can live within us.
- God and Father of All – Our God is the Father of all His born-again children.
- God of Peace – Our Father has ended the feud between us, and He rules in His kingdom within us with a scepter of Peace.
- Healer – Our Father and Lord Jesus heal our wounds and broken hearts.
- Supplier – Our Father has supplied ALL our needs and blessings in Jesus Christ.
- Teacher – The Holy Spirit is our teacher who teaches and guides us into ALL Truth in Jesus Christ.
- Wisdom – Our Lord Jesus Christ knows all the plans and purposes of each one of us in every situation. We can always turn to Him.
- I AM THAT I AM – He is who He is and will be whatever He will be in every circumstance.
The characteristics of God are endless! We can experience the wonders of the Godhead within us. The Holy Spirit lives within us to make Jesus Christ a reality in our daily experiences. Second, the Lord Jesus Christ lives within us to fulfill our Father’s plans living through each of us as we yield to His promptings. Finally, our Father lives within us to love through us and to reconcile the world back unto Himself. What a glorious life being the “Dwelling Place of the Godhead!”
Enjoy Christ, Enjoy (Zoe) Your Life!