For He has rescued us and has drawn us to Himself from the dominion of darkness, and has transferred us to the Kingdom of His beloved Son, 14 in whom we have redemption [because of His sacrifice, resulting in] the forgiveness of our sins [and the cancellation of sins’ penalty].
Colossians 1:13-14 Amplified
We have a New Address… IN HIM! We learned from our last blog, Jesus Christ is the only one who was designed by our Father to Supply our every need. Remember the scripture:
And my God will liberally supply (fill until full) your every need according to His riches in glory in (by) Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19 Amplified.
What are those needs our Father is referring to? We already know from scriptures our Father said, if He feeds the birds of the air, surely He will care for His children. Our Father knew, because of sin, we would need to have more than our physical needs met but also our emotional and spiritual needs met. And, who in heaven or on earth is equipped to do that… Our Lord Jesus Christ living within us. For our Father’s glory and purpose, He left mankind weak and needy so that we would turn to Him. However, the flesh within us has used us to carry out his own strategies to cover up our weaknesses and inadequacies. Let’s see how. If you would be honest with yourself, answer the following questions.
- What do you do in order to get Acceptance from others?
- Who do you turn to for Affection when the ones you love reject you?
- What do you do for others in order to feel Appreciated?
- What do you do to get Approval from others?
- What have you learned to do to get Attention?
- Who do you turn to or what do you do to find Comfort?
- In times of distress who do you turn to for Encouragement?
- What do you do in order to get Respect?
- What do you do to make you feel Secure so you won’t worry, get anxious, or feel like you are out of control?
- Who do you turn to for Support knowing they will always be there, no matter what?
If we would be honest, not all of them, the answer is our Lord Jesus Christ, right? It’s okay, He loves us no matter if we turn to Him or not. But wouldn’t it be wonderful to experience His infinite love, hugs, and peace rather than turning to someone or something to fill our needs our Lord created us to fill? We can and He longs that we do!
In our next blog, we will see how our Lord Jesus fulfills some of the most intimate needs in our life when we allow Him to.
Enjoy Christ, Enjoy Life!