Welcome to 2021! This blog calls for a short reflection, 2020 was tough! When I thought about 2020, this word came to my heart, “Faithful!” If you didn’t discover Him as “Faithful,” I sure did. The word faithful is defined as worth trusting because they are steadfast, unmoveable, loyal, never changing, and constant. Jesus is described as “Sticking to us, closer than a brother.” Oh, yes, He is… and He lives within us by the power of His Spirit! The only way we made it through 2020 until now is, Jesus carried us!
Here is a short poem I wrote to my Lord.
Copyright © 2021 by Tresca S. Grannum
Lord, I discovered in 2020, Your mercies never cease,
Though pain and uncertainties daily increased.
Each morning when I awakened and opened my eyes,
The darkness disappeared while the sun would arise.
When death came to my Dad and knocked at our door,
Your comfort and grace I took refuge in for my grieving heart You restored.
When chaos, then devastation plagued our nation and the world all around,
Your sweet words of hope and peace in Your arms I always found.
When the enemy surrounded me with lies and fears each day,
Your Truth garrisoned me, Your love shielded me, and there I would stay.
When sickness attacked my body and mental illness once again I faced.
With Your love and assurance, we went through them by
Your power and grace.
So why should I ever fear of what 2021 or any year shall bestow?
With over 2000 years of faithfulness, You have proven,
You will never ever let me go!
We have a Father and Lord, whose name is “Faithful;” they will never fail us, no never! Here are their words to us from jesus.net. (Taken from the New Living Standard translation).
- “But the Lord is FAITHFUL; He will strengthen you and guard you from the evil one.” (2 Thessalonians 3:3)
- “God will do this, for He is FAITHFUL to do what He says, and He has invited you into partnership with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.” ( 1 Corinthians 1:9)
- “Then I saw heaven opened, and a white horse was standing there. Its rider was named FAITHFUL and TRUE, for He judges fairly and wages a righteous war.” (Revelation 19:11)
- “God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. So we will not fear when earthquakes come and the mountains crumble into the sea. Let the oceans roar and foam. Let the mountains tremble as the waters surge!” (Psalm 46:1-3)
- “The Lord will not reject His people; He will not abandon His special possession.”( Psalm 94:14)
- “The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand. Once I was young, and now I am old. Yet I have never seen the godly abandoned or their children begging for bread.” (Psalm 37:23-25)
- “The Lord is a shelter for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. Those who know your name trust in You, for You, O Lord, do not abandon those who search for You.”(Psalm 9:9-10)
- “God is not a man, so He does not lie. He is not human, so He does not change His mind. Has he ever spoken and failed to act? Has He ever promised and not carried it through?”(Numbers 23:19)
- “Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this: The FAITHFUL LOVE of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is His FAITHFULNESS; His mercies begin afresh each morning. I say to myself, “The Lord is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in Him!” The Lord is good to those who depend on Him, to those who search for Him. So it is good to wait quietly for salvation from the Lord.” (Lamentations 3:21-26)
- “Understand, therefore, that the Lord your God is indeed God. He is the FAITHFUL God who keeps His covenant for a thousand generations and lavishes His unfailing love on those who love Him and obey His commands.”(Deuteronomy 7:9)
Our God is Faithful! Even though 2021 will have its own challenges, but in them may they reveal to us more about the Awesome Lord, Father, and the Holy Spirit who lives within us! They are too glorious for words!!
Enjoy Christ, Enjoy Life!